Full Time Housekeeper
Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi, Inc. is seeking a full-time housekeeper (37.5 hours per week) to work Monday – Thursday from 7:30am to 5:30pm.
This position must provide a clean, sanitary, and comfortable environment; orderly surroundings for employees, visitors, and clients. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. She/he may be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to odors, including germs. The housekeeper must follow the required instructions, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects and or materials from the various offices, kitchen, and restrooms. The position includes health care insurance and 403(b) retirement benefits. As needed, the housekeeper
will assists in the reception area answering the telephone, greeting and directing clients/visitors to the various departments. Furthermore, the position will require assisting in the Emergency Aid-Food Pantry with the distribution of food to clients. The position also includes other duties as assigned.
Plan and manage work schedule for major tasks.
• Must own a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, and good driver’s record.
• Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
• Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning, and replacement of equipment and cleaning materials. Empty trash containers daily.
• Requires working in dusty, damp/wet, and dirty areas.
• Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
• Dust and clean furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc. Clean windows as scheduled.
• Wet mop floors in all bathrooms daily. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, and kitchen/dining areas daily.
• Clean/wash basins, mirrors, commodes, in all offices and public restroom facilities.
• Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically, especially in areas were clients and visitors gather.
• Must handle various cleaning solvents. Follow instructions on use of germicidal solutions to clean.
• Use safety precautions in all housekeeping jobs, must use disposable gloves when in need.
• Report any needed repairs immediately to Maintenance Staff or supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken windows, lights, chairs, tables, etc.).
• Provide assistance in the Food Pantry with the operations/distribution of food.
• Able to assists answering telephones, provide basic information and directing clients/visitors.
This position demands good physical health. The housekeeper will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, and work a flexible schedule; must be able to move continuously during work hours and able to lift and/or carry 25 – 30 pounds.
Submit to an employment and criminal background and drug screening.
• Certified in Safe Environment training provided by the Diocesan Office for Safe Environment and Child & Family Resources.
• Adhere to the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Catholic Charities and the Diocese of Corpus Christi.
Please submit applications at Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi, Inc. located at 615 OliverCourt, Corpus Christi.
Send serious inquiries to email@example.com
Closing Date: Until filled